Name Change After Marriage in Rankin County, MS

File Your Name Change After Marriage in Rankin County

Mississippi Name Change Order Includes:

Review and Research of Marriage Name Change Request.

Real Complete Paperwork (No Kit) Only $89.

The Procedure of A Name Change After Marriage in Rankin County is Well-Understood By Mississippi Name Change Filing Experts. Professional Name Change Filing Team Prepare Your Petition For Rankin County Name Change After Marriage With Accuracy.

If you are a Rankin County resident looking to change your name after marriage, the process is straightforward. You can file a Petition for Change of Name after marriage with the Chancery Court in the county where you reside. Changing one's name is often a simple process when getting married in Rankin County, as it can be done through a marriage application. However, for those seeking a name change for other reasons, a petition to a Rankin County chancery court is necessary to obtain an official order. Name Change After Marriage is a common practice that allows individuals to adopt their spouse's surname or make other name-related modifications. The specific process and requirements may vary depending on your jurisdiction. Updating important records such as Social Security cards and driver's licenses requires presenting the marriage license that changed your name. Although a proceeding, changing one's name after marriage is usually uncomplicated and typically doesn't require a lawyer. Mississippi Name Change will guide you through the process of changing your name after marriage in Rankin County based on your specific situation, when and where to file your petition, and the final steps to making your name change official.

Name Change After Marriage Rankin - MS

What is the Complete Process Of Name Change After Marriage in Rankin County?

Getting married is a significant milestone in one's life, and with it often comes a change in name. If you're a Rankin County resident and planning to change your name after marriage, there are some steps you'll need to follow to ensure a smooth and seamless Name Change After Marriage Process.
Firstly, it's important to note that you're not required to change your name after marriage, and it's entirely up to you to decide whether you want to do so. However, if you do decide to change your name, here's how you can do it in Rankin County:

Step 1: Obtain A Certified Copy Of Your Marriage Certificate

Before changing your name, you'll need to obtain a certified copy of your marriage certificate. You can do this by contacting the County Clerk's office in the county where you were married. You'll need to provide identification and pay a fee to obtain a certified copy of your marriage certificate.

Step 2: Update Your Social Security Card

The next step is to update your Social Security card with your new name. You'll need to fill out Form SS-5, which you can download from the Social Security Administration website or obtain from your local Social Security office. You'll also need to provide your current Social Security card, a certified copy of your Name Change After Marriage Certificate, and proof of your identity (e.g., a driver's license or passport).

Step 3: Update Your Driver's License Or State ID

After updating your Social Security card, you'll need to update your driver's license or state ID. To do this, you'll need to visit your local Rankin County Department of Public Safety (DPS) office and provide your current driver's license or state ID, a certified copy of your marriage certificate, and proof of your identity. Note that there may be a fee for updating your driver's license or state ID.

Step 4: Update Other Records And Accounts

Once you've updated your Social Security card and driver's license or state ID, you'll need to update other records and accounts, such as your bank accounts, credit cards, and insurance policies. You may also want to update your passport, voter registration, and professional licenses if applicable.
Changing your name after getting married is a decision that is highly personal and should be made after careful consideration. It's also essential to ensure that you follow all the necessary steps to avoid any issues or complications down the road. In conclusion, changing your name after marriage in Rankin County is a relatively straightforward process, but it does require some effort on your part. By following the above-mentioned steps, you can ensure that your name change is official and recognized by all relevant authorities and institutions. With the After Married Name Change Filling Specialist and the right knowledge, you can plan accordingly and ensure a smoother and quicker name change process.

What is the Approximate Time Period Of the Whole Mississippi Name Change Process After Marriage?

What is the Approximate Time Period Of the Whole Mississippi Name Change Process After Marriage?

The estimated time period for a Name Change After Married Duration in Rankin County can vary depending on various factors such as the workload of the court, the accuracy of the application, and how soon you update your name with other institutions. Typically, once the paperwork has been submitted and approved by the chancery court, the court order should be received within a few weeks. It is important to note that the order does not automatically change your name on official documents such as your driver's license, social security card, and passport. The next step would be to update your name with these institutions which can also take some time. For example, updating your social security card can take around two weeks to process, while updating your driver's license can take up to two months depending on the backlog of applications. It is recommended to start the name change process as soon as possible to ensure timely updates to all necessary documents and avoid any potential complications in the future.

Which Entities Need To Be Notified Once My Name is Change After Marriage in Rankin County?

When changing your name after marriage, it is important to notify both federal and state government agencies, as well as your employer and creditors. While the specific entities to notify may vary based on your personal circumstances, here is a general overview:

  • Federal and State Government Agencies: Notify agencies such as the Social Security Administration, Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and State Department for passport changes, Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for driver's licenses, and voter registration office.
  • Employer: Inform your employer of your name change to update your payroll, benefits, and other employment records.
  • Creditors: Notify your banks, credit card companies, mortgage lender, and any other creditors to update your accounts and billing information.
  • Insurance Providers: Contact your health insurance provider, auto insurance company, home insurance company, and any other insurance providers to update your policy details.
  • Utilities and Service Providers: Notify utility companies such as electricity, water, gas, and phone service providers to update your billing information.
  • Financial Institutions: Inform your bank(s), investment firms, and other financial institutions to update your name on your accounts and related documents.
  • Professional Licensing Boards: If you hold any professional licenses, such as medical, , or teaching licenses, notify the respective licensing boards of your name change.
  • Educational Institutions: Notify your alma mater, schools, and any educational institutions you are associated with to update your records.
  • Membership and Subscription Services: Inform any membership organizations, clubs, magazines, or subscription services you are part of about your name change.
  • Other Entities: Consider notifying other entities such as insurance beneficiaries, vehicle registration offices, post offices for mail forwarding, and any other organizations relevant to your personal situation.

How Mississippi Name Change Help You?

Mississippi Name Change is here to make the process of changing your name after getting married as simple and stress-free as possible. We understand that changing your name after marriage can be an overwhelming process, and that's why we are dedicated to helping you through every step of the way.
To start the process, you will need a certified copy of your marriage certificate, which can be obtained from the county in which you were married. Once you have your certified copy, our team at Mississippi Name Change will guide you through the rest of the filing process to change your name from your maiden name to your married name. Our Family Name Change can vary, so it is important to consult the specific laws and regulations of your jurisdiction or seek advice to ensure a smooth and recognized family name change.
We will assist you in updating all the relevant documents that require a name change such as your Social Security card, driver's license or state ID, passport, financial accounts, utility bills, insurance policies, professional licenses, employer information, and personal records. Our experienced team will ensure that all necessary steps are taken to update your name on each of these important documents, so you can enjoy your new name with ease. You can rely on Mississippi Name Change to make your married name change process simple and straightforward.
If you want to make a name change after getting married, contact Mississippi Name Change for assistance. We will help you through every step of the process and ensure that your name is updated on all relevant documents.

How Legally Mississippi Name Change Help You?

What is The Cost Or Filing Fee For A Married Name Change in Rankin County?

The filing fee for the married name change is $89.95 and $119.95 for expedited service. Once you file with us Name Change team will assist you in preparing your documents to be submitted to the court and provides step to step guidance so that your case proceeds further smoothly.

Frequently Asked Questions About Name Change

Which documents are actually  required  for name  change  after marriage?
To initiate the name change process, you will need to provide a certified copy of your marriage certificate. It is important to note that photocopies of the certificate will not be accepted. Additionally, each office or agency may have specific requirements and may request additional supporting documents to process your name change request. It is advisable to contact the relevant office or agency beforehand to obtain the complete list of documents needed for your name change application.
 Is there any time limitation changing my name after marriage in Rankin County?
In Rankin County, there is no specific time limit or deadline for changing your name after marriage. You can choose to change your name at any time following your marriage. Whether you decide to change your name immediately after the wedding or years later, the option to do so remains available. It's important to note that once you have obtained a certified copy of your marriage certificate, you can initiate the name change process whenever you are ready.
Can I blend my last names with my spouse in Rankin County?
In Rankin County it is not common practice to blend or combine last names during a name change after marriage. The traditional approach is for one spouse to take the other spouse's last name or for both spouses to keep their respective last names. However, if you have a specific request to blend your last names, it would be best to consult with an attorney familiar with Rankin County family law to explore the possibilities and potential options available to you. They can provide guidance on the feasibility and process of blending last names in Rankin County.
Is it mandatory to change name after marriage?
There is no obligation to change your name after marriage. Whether or not to change your name is a personal choice.
Is the process of name change after marriage and name change are same?
A married name change and name change both involve changing your name, the processes and requirements differ.
Can I change my middle or last name after marriage?
Married name change provides the opportunity to modify your last name, and sometimes your middle name.
When my married name change is considered official?
The State Department typically takes around 5-6 weeks to process and issue a new passport with your updated married name. Social Security Administration usually issues new cards within 2 weeks after receiving your name change application. As for driver's licenses, most DMVs are able to provide you with a new one on the same day you apply, reflecting your new married name. Once all your identification documents display your new name, your name change is considered officially changed.